IMA, the San Juan Islands Museum of Art, has worked for 10 years to make sure there is a strong visual arts presence on San Juan Island. We've continually "raised the standard" with top-notch exhibitions at the Museum and we've supported the schools, galleries, artists, and the other museums on the Island throughout these efforts.
The combination of the Community Theatre, as the anchor point for the performing arts, and IMA, as the anchor point for the visual arts, has created a cultural identity that surpasses communities many times our size. We believe that you share this view!
A SAMPLE OF EVENTS, PROGRAMMING AND EXHIBITIONS OFFERED BY IMA
- Shaun Peterson - Continuum: Vision and Creativity on the Northwest Coast- Exhibit: Serigraphs
- Ansel Adams – Art as a Voice lecture series, featuring Dr. Michael Adams
- Inside the Museum – Outside the Box – Exhibit: A small sculpture juried show by San Juan Islands artists
- James Hubbell – Art as a Voice Lecture Series, internationally acclaimed artist & architect
- Helen Loggie – Celebrating a Northwest Legacy: A Retrospective 1917-1956: Drawings & Etchings
- Art Wolfe – Art as a Voice Lecture Series – Between Heaven and Earth
- Art Wolfe – Travels to the Edge – International Photo Exhibit from his PBS series of the same name
- Family Art Days at the Sculpture Park – A summer tradition – every Saturday in July & August
- Twenty new, accepted, and installed pieces at the Sculpture Park in 2010
- New trails and additional landscape improvements to the Sculpture Park including access to Westcott Bay
- Green: ON THE EDGE – Exhibition: A juried, regional, mixed media art competition
We thank you in anticipation of your support! Every annual gift makes you an IMA Member, and a member who definitely “makes a difference” for the arts on San Juan Island. Much appreciation from all of us!